Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a leading provider of Integrated Communication Systems (ICS). This position is specifically for a Principal Systems Engineer to provide reliability, maintainability, supportability, and system safety engineering support as part of the Whole Life Engineering (WLE) department. The Design WLE Department is made up of several disciplines that influence product designs early in their life cycle and also provide sustainment support for fielded products with the ultimate goal of ensuring effective operation, reliability, maintainability, supportability, system safety and economical ownership by Raytheon and the customer/end user.
The Principal Reliability Engineer will represent the WLE Department as a key member of the Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability, & Safety (RMSS) team. Responsibilities will include identifying key RMSS issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing reliability program(s) including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel. The Principal Reliability Engineer must be proficient in the following disciplines and processes: reliability modeling, allocation, and prediction; Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMEA/ FMECA), Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) processes; part stress and derating analysis; failure diagnosis and data / trend analysis; generating test plans, procedures, analysis, reports and conduct Reliability Growth Test (RGT) and Maintainability Demonstration (M-Demo) tests; and familiarity with common industry reliability analysis tools.
The Principal Systems RMSS Engineers responsibilities include:
- Providing direction on work product development to small RMSS teams
- Integrating System Safety and Testability into product designs
- Performing Reliability and Failure Root Cause analyses
- Managing FRACAS database of delivered units to include failure history, operational usage, and trends
- Generating Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, and System Safety work products
- Coordination/communication with all engineering disciplines
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Previous team leadership experience with oversight of schedules and budgets.
- Proficient with Reliability Modeling, Allocation, and Prediction, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, FRACAS processes, FMECA, Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, Maintainability Testing.
- Familiarity with System Safety, including the generation of Hazard Analysis Reports.
- Ability to take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions.
- Familiarity with processes that relate to design, manufacturing, and support
- Ability to generate reliability models and block diagrams from system level architecture drawings and schematics.
- In-depth understanding of reliability, availability, and maintainability data collection and analysis
- Strong organization, problem solving, time management and communications skills; detailed oriented. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources, multitask in a fast paced environment, and work under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with program management and functional leads
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) / Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with and apply reliability tools, e.g. Windchill Quality Solutions, Reliasoft, etc.
- Familiarity with Testability requirements and/or BIT architecture
- Experience performing Fault Tree Analyses using FaultTree+ or a similar tool
- Experience managing the development of engineering proposals, including presentation of IPDS Gates
- Familiarity with Electronic Parts/Circuits Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in Engineering, Math, or ScienceDesired Education
: M.S. or PHD in Engineering, Math, or Science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.