Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special events (Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities), and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedules are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lots of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of the site along with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an experienced Systems or Software engineer to lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers and subject matter experts supporting the design, development, integration, delivery and maintenance of geospatial intelligence(GEOINT) applications.
This position is a highly-visible technical leadership role overseeing and executing professional services and support capabilities for 3rd-Party GEOINT applications onboarding to a common processing framework running on a commercial cloud under an ISP/ASP model. The successful candidate can be located at our Richardson, TX (preferred); Dulles, VA; or Aurora, CO facility.
Activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leadership and management of Solution Architects, Platform/IT administrators, Software Engineers, Information Assurance Engineers, and DevOps Engineers focused on developing innovative solutions and providing efficient onboarding, integration and deployment of GEOINT applications.
• Development and maintenance of an Application Development CONOPS, processes, enablers, and tools, including: a developers’ information portal; a support service desk; guidance and policy documents; user’s forums and knowledge bases; software development kit (SDK); and service level agreements (SLAs)
• Technical and programmatic coordination and support with internal framework service developers, customers, and external 3rd party application developers and their stakeholders
• Oversight, review and input into the development and enhancement of framework services for application and application developer use
• Frequent engagement with program customer, application development contractors and their stakeholders through telecoms, working groups, technical exchange meetings, and readiness reviews
• Liaison between application and framework developers and enterprise engineering teams for System- and Enterprise-level integration, test and delivery
• Earned value control account management; risk and opportunity assessment, management and mitigation; and management of application support team personnel, schedule and budgets
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active TS/SCI clearance
Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and test, software engineering, platform engineering or related engineering discipline on large government information system/software development contracts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of other related disciplines (e.g. SE, SW, Platform/IT, Information Assurance, Integration/Test, DevOps)
• Proven experience as key spokesperson on program’s technical capabilities and future directions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization and across functions
• Experience with project management approaches and tools
• Demonstrated interest and success in developing and improving value-added processes via “hands on” activities on programs
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the following engineering:
- CONOPs development
- System architecture
- System design
- Interface definition and control
• Development and management of Technical Performance Measures (TPM)
- System Integration and Test
- Information Security
- Software architecture and design
• Proven knowledge of systems engineering measures and metrics and experiencing applying results to improve program performance
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven experience providing status briefings to customers and senior leadership
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Ability to lead and manage geographically-dispersed teams
• Able to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Able to travel as needed to support program and business goals
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle models
• Solution Architect/Professional Service roles, responsibilities and processes
• GEOINT processing domain
• Cloud-based (infrastructure as a service, software as a service) ISP/ASP architectures
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Agile (SAFe®) development lifecycles
• DevOPS concepts and approaches for continuous integration, test, and delivery
• DoDAF architecture views and artifacts
• Development of Software Development Kits (SDK) for application-consumable Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
• Development, monitoring and reporting of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for both business services (technical support) and technical (software services and APIs)
10 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, or a related technical degree; 8 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, or a related technical degree; or 4 years with a PHD in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, or a related technical degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.