Raytheon is currently seeking an Information Systems Technologist II to provide UNIX / Linux system maintenance and engineering support to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position (with after-hours call-in responsibility).
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Performs Tier 2 software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Linux, Windows and VMWare.
· VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple VMware environments
· Setup, install, configure ESXi servers, maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
· Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
· Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
· Must Have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level I (minimum) certification
· Must be available to work after hours on a call-in basis
· VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
· Redhat Linux certification
· Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.