The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Department is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, maintainability, testability (RMT), and economical ownership by the customer and end user. We have a need for a senior reliability engineer to join our team.
Candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team as a senior reliability engineer, primarily supporting the Airborne Processors (ABP) family of programs. The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary, in order to influence product design/performance:
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity with no supervision
- Provide technical direction to cross program participants
- Reliability analyses (FMECA - Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Analysis, reliability predictions) as applicable
- Lead Failure Review Board meetings to discuss details of failures and failure trending
- Failure resolution through active management of FRACAS system (Failure data collection/analysis, failure analysis, root cause & corrective action determination, facilitation of corrective action implementation, failure investigation reporting)
- Represent Raytheon at customer meetings as applicable
- Internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues
- Effectively communicate, both written and orally, with a diverse group of people including program management, proposal management and customers, and represent WLE in technical meetings and program reviews
- Lead trade study investigations
- Minimum 8 years related experience
- Experience collaborating with engineering, suppliers, and quality teams
- Experience in the bidding process including proposal support/preparation, proposal management, and BOE generation.
- Experience applying technical theories and concepts in reliability
- Experience developing and leading a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action system
- Experience influencing system design for reliability through all product life cycle phases
- Experience with military documentation as it relates to reliability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active DoD Secret/Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience applying physics of failure principles and analyses
- Proactive and effective in addressing technical issues with customers and program design teams
- Experience working with reliability tools such as ASENT, and/or Relex, and/or ReliaSoft
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels and other engineering disciplines
- Cross-product or integrated-product team leadership
- General understanding in the application of diverse whole-life disciplines
- EVMS Certified
- Experience training and developing junior engineers
- Systems Engineering background
BS Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics, or related technical fieldDesired Education:
MS Degree in Reliability, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.