Raytheon IDS - Tewksbury, MA; Andover, MA; or Woburn, MA (Boston Metro)
IT Data Analytics Engineer
IT Digital Technology and Innovation Team
Are you passionate about data, data systems and data engineering? Do you enjoy working in collaborative and high energy environments? Are you knowledgeable about the design, implementation and sustainment of data analytics ecosystems and data pipelines?
We seek an entrepreneurial data engineer capable of working across functional and business areas with minimal supervision in order to research, develop, architect and execute leading-edge IT solutions focused on data integration, information management and advanced analytics. You’ll be relied upon to envision, build and help sustain analytics data environments and pipelines for the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) internal business users. Solutions will span manufacturing, engineering, business development, supply chain, and quality control functions.
At Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s IT infrastructures around the world.
If you’re a team player passionate about data and emerging technologies—and you possess a relentless drive to improve how business is done—take a look at this Data Engineer opportunity on our Advanced Analytics team.
Relocation support is available at a capped budget to be discussed with the applicant of choice at the proper time, if the person is eligible per company policy.
US Citizenship is required in order to obtain a US Government Clearance when necessary to support specific programs in the future.
- Identify and create new derivatives and/or aggregations of data to be used across multiple functions, products and markets
- Process complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research
- Validate advanced models in support of advanced analytical applications
- Provide consulting and investigative expertise to partners and customers on data problems or questions about the scope and potential uses of data to achieve business value
- Leverage diversity of technical skills to lead design and sustainment of data pipelines and data warehousing for data ingested/integrated from legacy enterprise systems, streaming sources, web scraped sources, purchased data feeds, APIs, etc.
- Inform the architecture of data systems utilized within the Advanced Analytics team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a System Engineer, Software Developer, DevOps Engineer or Data Engineer
- 6+ years of experience with SQL database management systems (Microsoft & Oracle)
- Experience authoring data pipelines via SQL and/or Python based ETL framework
- 4+ years experience manipulating data sets through statistical software packages (R, SPSS, SAS, Python, etc.) and ability to provide discrete examples of leading efforts in previous projects/roles
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain a DoD Secret clearance when it is required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating system administration, configuration and tuning
- Design and development experience on Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hbase, PIG, Hive, and MapReduce) including two or more of the following related technologies – Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, and Python
- Working knowledge of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB and comparable experience with Azure technologies
- Experience working with enterprise data management and integration software like Alteryx, Informatica, Tamr, Trifacta, Paxdata
- Familiarity with Bootstrap/Angular.js and Node.js
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline
- Background in all aspects of software engineering with strong skills in parallel data processing, data flows, REST APIs, JSON, XML and microservice architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline strongly preferred.
- 8+ years total professional experience with Bachelors Degree. Over 10 years of directly applicable experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.