We are seeking an experienced senior electrical engineer II specializing in power supply design and Testing. The candidate must be comfortable working with commercial off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs to achieve hardware requirements. Responsibilities will require working within a team of engineers to test and develop proven designs based on verification and test. As well as troubleshoot hardware design by test verification or simulation. Tasks will span the full product development cycle and will include specification development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, documentation, hardware production, hardware integration, and test and validation. This opportunity is for a versatile power supply engineer possessing a blend of practical application, hands-on integration abilities for testing hardware, and troubleshooting hardware. Communication with vendors and sub-contractor management will also be required. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management. Also able to lead an engineering team to determine technical path forward and solution on production hardware. Travel is required
- 6 plus years’ experience in power electronics hardware design, test, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of switching power converters on test and troubleshooting.
- Applicant must have the ability to test and troubleshoot AC-DC and DC-DC Converters. Applicant must be able to move from design, test, and troubleshoot. Requires in depth knowledge of multiple conversion topologies (flyback, forward, push-pull, etc) and the ability to simulate designs, test, and troubleshoot hardware.
- Applicant must also know how to develop test plans, procedures and test solutions.
- Laboratory skills including the use of Digital oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer or Venable Machine, Digital Multi-Meter, Current Amplifier to measure current, Frequency Generator, and Capacitance Meter
- Travel is required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
- Able to Lead an engineering team
- Able to Present technical results to Program leadership
- Experience in a production environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- 9 + Years’ experience in Power electronics design, integration, test, and troubleshooting.
- Applicant should also be familiar with EDA tools. Knowledge of SPICE simulation tools.
- Knowledge of the Mentor Expedition/DxD design and analysis suite a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of characteristics of magnetics (including inductor/transformer modeling), magnetization inductance, magnetization current, leakage inductance, intra-winding and inter-winding capacitance, self-resonant frequency, characteristics and limitations of magnetic cores, core saturation, core loss, high frequency losses, core reset, winding techniques for optimization of desired magnetics, and design of current transformers.
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Minimum Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or very close equivalent discipline
- Preferred Degree: Master in Electrical Engineering, Physics or close equivalent discipline is a plus.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.