Data Scientist Principal (Job Number:441803)
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) is using this task order to utilize Agile principles to develop a database to assist with budget planning as it relates to various portfolios of research. Data inputs could be in the form of grants, contracts, publications or scientific concepts, associated to the researchers and funding organizations. Using historical analyses the output would help to support future financial planning as well as identify potential synergies of research. Using that output would provide a qualification process of Return of Investment (ROI) and transition into practice and development of new diagnostics, therapeutics and medical devices.
The Data Scientist works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to- end analytical approach to achieve results.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
Keywords: Agile, Visualization, R, National Language Processing, Open Source, Relational Database, COTS, Machine Learning, Database Management Systems (BDMS) model, Resource Description Framework (RDF) and SPARQL, Data Warehouse, Extract Transform Load (ETL) architecture, SQL, SCRUM, System Operations, Enterprise Architecture, IT Security
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 12:23:23 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job