Financial Analyst (Mid Level) (Job Number:441772)
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a mid level Financial Analyst. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Financial Analyst will:
- Develops, implements, and/or maintains one or a combination of accounting systems.
- Uses accounting and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management based on the financial results of programs.
- This family is also responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to spending priorities.
- Individuals in these roles analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submits recommendations for budget allocations, recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds and advise staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations.
- Duties may also include consolidating the budget estimates of several organizational units and preparing a unitary budget itemizing production costs, for consideration and action by upper echelons of management.
- Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity.
- Often refers to policies, procedures and practices for guidance.
- Works under general direction on routine work.
- May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to correct.
- Frequent internal company and external contacts.
- Represents organization on specific projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience.
- Experience in general accounting and financial disciplines.
- Must have experience with analysis of financial data, financial forecasting and reporting.
- Must have experience with creating financial models for management decisions.
- Must have experience with monitoring variances, identification of trends and development of recommendations for financial management decisions.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 12:18:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job