Job ID: 457639BR
Date posted: Nov. 07, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Perform a variety of duties in electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical areas.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment components, devices, or systems.
• Work from schematics, engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
• Operates related equipment.
• Conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format.
• Performs calibration and alignment checks, makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed.
• Prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Thermal Vacuum and Thermal environment chamber experience.
• Electrical/electronic skills.
• Mechanical fabrication and troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of vibration test equipment.
• Experience with workflow in manufacturing/test laboratory setting.
• Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
• Experience or familiarity with electronics and electrical systems.
• Experience with environmental test equipment including thermal vacuum chambers.
• Experience or familiarity with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Technicians
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2