Aeronautics Data Officer
Job ID: 460135BR
Date posted: Nov. 07, 2018
City: Fort Worth
Description:The Aeronautics Data Officer (ADO) will be responsible for Aeronautics’ enterprise-wide data and information strategy as well as its governance, control, policy development, and effective exploitation. The Aeronautics Data Officer has accountability and responsibility for information protection and privacy, information governance, data quality and data life cycle management, along with the exploitation of data assets to create business value across the Aeronautics enterprise.
The selected candidate will have a background with business and technical experience in order to develop and drive execution of an Aeronautics data strategy consistent with and complementary of the Lockheed Martin corporate data strategy. The Aeronautics Data Strategy will address all aspects of the data lifecycle, including generation, collection/storage, management, governance, protection, and monetization. The ADO will work closely with the Aeronautics IT Chief Architect and the Chief Data Architect to ensure the business processes instantiated in LM Aero information systems can effectively leverage Aeronautics data assets across the enterprise to create business value. The ADO will drive integration and collaboration between and among the internal Aeronautics business processes and, where required, the corporate-wide LM business processes, to ensure Aero’s data assets can support realization of our business objectives.
Primary responsibilities of the Aeronautics Data Officer include:
• Responsible and accountable for Aeronautics’ enterprise information assets throughout its defined life cycle, including the collection and maintenance of accurate data, ensuring data protection and security, devising and implementing data privacy policies, and end of life destruction and disposal procedures
• Develops, defines, communicates, and drives Aeronautics’ strategy with regard to the exploitation of data and analytics and creating a culture that treats data as an enterprise asset
• Organizes and leads the Aeronautics Data Governance Council (DGC) to apply four precepts: data principles, standards, policies and guidelines. Works with the DGC and the Aero Process Officer(s) to ensure Aero’s business processes generate the data content and quality required for efficient execution of our value streams across organizational and technical boundaries
• Owns Aeronautics’ data governance policies, procedures, quality standards and initiatives. Ensures compliance with those policies, procedures, and standards across all levels of Aeronautics
• Represents Aeronautics on the Corporate Data Governance Council and works collaboratively with other business area CDOs to develop policies and standards for regionally governed data
• Works with Aeronautics’ Executive Council to plan, fund, and execute on new and innovative business area-level data-driven initiatives
• Defines, manages, and controls master data and metadata management policies, controls, and standards, including reference data
• Leads the deployment and management of data quality monitoring systems
• Advances the role of the business data stewards in Aeronautics’ operations organizations and lines of business
• Defines and manages policies and programs for data stewardship and custodianship in concert with legal, information security, and corporate risk and compliance offices
• Works closely with the Aeronautics Chief Data Architect to ensure the appropriate adoption of data standards, reference data models and enterprise-level data solutions
• Ensures Lockheed Martin Intellectual Property rights are maintained so that future business opportunities can be exploited
• Actively participates in the development, publication and maintenance of the Aeronautics information architecture, as well as a road map for its future development that matches and supports business needs.
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and a Secret clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 20 years of professional experience; or 18 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree or 15 years with a related PhD degree.
• Fifteen or more years of business experience, ideally in software intensive systems engineering design or information or IT management or business management — recently at or near the executive level
• Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
• Five or more years of experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises
• Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and data models, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
• MS or BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Systems Engineering, combined with Systems and/or Software Engineering experience
• Strong business experience in Aerospace and Defense product development and lifecycle
• Experience in information management project and program implementation through the full life cycle
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders at all levels, as well as business concepts to technologists
• Familiarity with Agile development
• Familiarity with big data solutions including Hadoop
• Familiarity with data governance and quality control
• Experience with creating best practices and methodologies for technical projects
• Experience managing technical teams
• Understanding of and experience building business cases for large technical projects
• Familiarity with data modelling and visualization techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day