Staff Mechanical Engineer
Job ID: 455219BR
Date posted: Nov. 07, 2018
City: Riviera Beach
Description:Design, analysis, and integration of various subsystem architecture such as; fuel, ECS, Auxiliary power, and actuation systems for a new Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) design. Initial sizing and layout of various subsystems with the underwater vehicle using Creo and update the layoust as required. Interface with other disciplines and stakeholders to determine interfaces and systems requirements. Experience with design, analysis, integration and development of vehicle Hydraulic systems. Individual must be able to design and develop a hydraulic system architecture based on the UUV mission requirements. Experience with the development of performance specification and statement of work (SOW) for vendor selection process. Interface with various suppliers for selection of candidate subsystem hardware. Integrate candidate subsystem hardware with the UUV.
The qualified candidate should have the following:
• Broad background in mechanical/hydraulic/fluids engineering
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of unmanned systems requirements, vehicle propulsion, control and actuation subsystems, integration, and system test.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships is a must.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate well with peers and different levels of management.
• Proven leader who motivates, inspires, and teaches others. Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to provide clear guidance and direction to team while multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requirements.
• Thinks strategically, possess a focus on Mission Success and Continuous Improvement and act as change agent in responsible area with focus on affordability and advancing technical capabilities and innovation.
• Must exhibit leadership for executing practical application of mechanical engineering processes on a development program and maintaining engineering rigor while balancing cost, technical, and schedule.
•Previous experience in design and development of hydraulic systems and subsystems for underwater vehicles
• Understanding & Experience with Baseline Management Planning and Functional Test Elements
• Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) for system development
• Experience with ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+, MathCAD and Creo
• Preferred candidate will personally enjoy helping subordinates, colleagues, and associates through coaching, mentoring, career counseling, and technical help.
• Possess an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)