Staff Mechanical Engineer
Job ID: 459902BR
Date posted: Nov. 07, 2018
City: Riviera Beach
Description:Leads the thermal design and Integration of surface, underwater and unmanned underwater vehicles. The candidate will work with the systems engineering, subsystems and vehicle groups to guide the integration of all of the manned and unmanned vehicle thermal subsystems. This person will work to manage the hardware modeling and analysis of the design team, manage systems to systems and systems to vehicle interfaces, lead configuration management of the hardware designs
The qualified candidate should have the following:
• Broad background in mechanical/thermal engineering
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships is a must.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate well with peers and different levels of management.
• Individual contributor that motivates, inspires, and teaches others. Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to provide clear guidance and direction to other team members while multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requirements.
• Thinks strategically, possess a focus on Mission Success and Continuous Improvement and act as change agent in responsible area with focus on affordability and advancing technical capabilities and innovation.
• Must understand the execution and practical application of mechanical engineering processes on a development program and maintaining engineering rigor while balancing cost, technical, and schedule.
• Previous experience in design and development of underwater vehicles
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of unmanned systems, vehicle propulsion, battery subsystems and electronics integration, and system test.
• Understanding & Experience with Baseline Management Planning and Functional Test Elements
• Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) for system development
• Experience with ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+, MathCAD and Creo
• Preferred candidate will personally enjoy helping subordinates, colleagues, and associates through coaching, mentoring, career counseling, and technical help.
• Possess an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)