Hardware Engineering Manager
Job ID: 460169BR
Date posted: Nov. 07, 2018
State: New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for Manager in the Product Engineering and Applied Materials COE, as part of the Embedded Control and Digital Processors functional organization. The manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Embedded Control and Digital Processors Department and will be responsible to achieve business commitments. The manager will provide technical, programmatic,
and administrative leadership to a group of 20+ engineers of varying experience levels. The manager will direct this team to ensure successful implementation of embedded control and digital signal processor firmware and hardware requirements for multiple programs that
span the Lockheed Martin RMS lines of business. The
manager will be responsible for coordinating
subordinate employee recruitment, selection, training,
performance assessment, work assignments, salary, recognition and disciplinary actions. The manager will oversee the design, development, documentation, and testing of embedded control and digital signal processor products. The manager will lead and ensure that the appropriate standards, processes, procedures throughout the hardware development life cycle will be followed. The manager will create and maintain staffing plans,
coordinate staffing forecasts, recruit and hire to develop the proper skill level mix for the group.
- Proven leader with domain expertise in development for digital hardware design for mission critical military applications with a minimum of 10 years of directly relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated competence in leading cross disciplinary engineering teams and must have a strong understanding of hardware/firmware engineering processes and the hardware/firmware engineering product life cycle.
- Must have excellent organizational skills,
interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at both programmatic and technical levels, subordinates, senior management and the customer.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in earned value, schedule, cost and risk management techniques.
- Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Secret Clearance is required.
- Technical graduate degree is highly desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Hardware Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)