full-time employee contract
Provide support for Oracle Database Administration duties as well as creating solutions to leverage emerging technologies. Potential candidates should possess the skills necessary to perform day to day Oracle database administration tasks, provide customer support, and perform troubleshooting on Oracle 11g/12c databases in a Windows server 2008/2012 environment. Database administration tasks include ensuring database availability, SQL monitoring and performance tuning, quarterly maintenance and upgrade operations, backup and recovery operations, ETL and data integration, and writing SQL and PL/SQL code in support of custom applications and database operations.
· Administration of distributed database configurations using Oracle 11g and 12c.
· Experience with Windows server 2008 and/or 2012.
· Experience working with TOAD and ERwin.
· Experience with Oracle database software installation and patch upgrades.
· Experience with creating and maintaining Oracle database instances.
· Experience creating tables, columns, indexes, constraints, and triggers from Erwin physical models.
· Experience writing, testing, and deploying Oracle SQL and PL/SQL code.
· Experience with data migration and ETL data loads that involve Oracle and non-Oracle databases.
· Experience with the installation and maintenance of Data Guard, Flashback technology, Recovery Manager, and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
· Experience working in development, test, and production environments.
· Oracle DBA certification (versions 11g or 12c).
· Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work independently and with other team members.
· Good analytical, technical, and writing skills to support planning, analytical, development and documentation tasks.
· Knowledge of Department of State security regulations and requirements.
· Ability to complete assignments correctly, independently and in a timely manner.
· Candidate should be a self-starter and self-motivated.
· The successful candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment with software developers, DBA, System Administrator and Network team.
· Experience and innovative ideas in database administration, data replication, DevOps administration are highly desired.
· An understanding of the Agile and DevOps approach.
· Experience responding to and resolving database access and performance issues.
· Develop and run SQL queries for client, customers, and team members.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.