Are you a leader who wants to establish a vision and make it a reality?
Do you intentionally work toward “getting the job done” instead of “doing the job?”
If you are a leader ready to bring your talent and skills to the world leader in missile systems, we want to talk to you! We are Raytheon Missile Systems RMS and we design, develop and produce missile systems for critical requirements, including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, and directed energy weapons. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate ESD at RMS performs hardware development and product support for missile systems, from concept to manufacturing. The vision of ESD is to be the best provider of integrated and affordable electrical subsystems and guidance sections through technical innovation and functionally strong partnerships.
The Subsystems Center, within ESD, is currently searching for a Department Manager to lead the Air Warfare Systems (AWS) Department. This department is primarily responsible for designing, integrating, and sustaining state of the art electrical/optical subsystems. This leader will be critical in development and sustainment of key relationships with program managers and chief engineers in the AWS product lines and within the Engineering organization. The department will work with other core technology elements within ESD to meet the needs of the AWS product lines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead and manage the AWS Department including the following:
- Program execution of all tasks to technical, cost and schedule commitments with non-advocate and independent peer review.
- Employee performance management to include goal setting, career guidance, development, compensation, ranking & rating, and employee training and development.
- Supporting business needs through appropriate hiring and staffing.
- Leading the Department in the achievement of Center, Directorate and RMS Engineering goals.
- Defining Vision and Implementing strategy to align with AWS product line
- Twelve (12) years engineering or physics experience to include leadership roles with strong technical and management background
- Knowledgeable in the entire lifecycle of Electro-Optical, Analog, RF and/or Microwave hardware development, from requirements through production support.
- Knowledge of AWS programs.
- Ability to provide guidance, coaching and direction to Section Heads.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage the diverse needs of an engineering organization within a large corporation with the personal needs of employees and technology development needs.
- Visible leadership by demonstrating presence in meetings to department members and to leadership team members.
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Experience developing proposals including generation of cost and technical volumes, and proposal simulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with peers, programs, management, and customers in a team environment
- Knowledge and utilization of EVMS, development of budgets, task planning milestone development, and budget management
- Strong passion and vision to improve organizational effectiveness through leadership.
- Able to effectively work multiple tasks and priorities, with excellent follow through and persistence to complete tasks
- Must have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
- Willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (relo package available)
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Math
- Experience leading multi-disciplined efforts
- Strong execution skills
- Understands effective talent development and staffing
- Experience with hiring and personnel management
- Recognized for technical capability
- Experience in risk/opportunity management
- Experience with critical conversations
- Strong understanding of RMS IPDS gates and processes
- Experience in developing and/or testing missile components
- Significant personal experience with Integrated Product Team Leadership and Supplier Management in Engineering Design/Development
- Top Secret clearance with an SSBI within the last five (5) years is desired
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Math desirable
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.