General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
*** THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH A POLYGRAPH***
Participates in the development, revision and delivery of internal and external communications materials.
1. Develops and revises external and or marketing communications materials and provides related support services, including: staging trade show and event exhibits, speakers support, briefing support, advertising, brochures, white papers and reports, newsletters, website content, video/multimedia, public affairs, professional association activity and events, philanthropic campaigns, and or other promotional activity.
2. Develops and revises external communications materials and provides related support services, including: media and industry analyst relations, news releases, PR support for trade shows, sponsorships and speaking events, by-lined articles, media interviews, developing case histories and story pitches, and industry awards.
3. Develops and revises internal and or executive communications materials and provides related support services, including internal web site (TeamWorks), newsletters, e-letters, magazines, reports, events, speaking opportunities, briefing material, presentations, demos, brochures, video, web casts, document reproduction, and or other communications related activity.
4. Coordinates with more-experienced Communications Specialists and various Division and department managers to ensure accurate information is incorporated in communications messages, materials and activities.
5. Supports proposal development activities as required.
6. Maintains current knowledge of company services, products, partners, and organization.
7. Maintains current knowledge of major industry, competitor and customer events, issues, and activities.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related internal and or marketing communications or public relations agency experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.