Systems/Server Admin Lead (Job Number:441842)
This position will provide technical leadership and systems engineering management. This role will be responsible for systems planning, system and lower level requirements development, system design, analyses and trade studies, embedded and enterprise software design oversight, system integration, system level test, and subcontractor technical management/oversight. The Systems Administrator Lead engages in a broad range of network/system areas, such as planning, analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and management of servers and server-related technologies, such as Unified Communications (including, but not limited to, Skype for Business VoIP and Polycom video teleconferencing) and application and desktop virtualization; manage and monitor network servers and related systems, both physical and virtual, providing on-site support
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient and effective Operations Support of network servers, both physical and virtual, as necessary to meet or exceed operational availability and performance requirements.
- Provide for accurate, complete, and timely recording and reporting of all technical support-related activities, issues, and outcomes in accordance with SOPs.
- Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for server operations to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
- Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to monitored servers to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and support trend analysis and forecasting.
- Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure network servers meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
- Ensure effective change and configuration management of servers to establish and maintain consistency of each server's performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for operation, maintenance, and repair of supported network servers.
- Ensure all server-related data and documentation is added to and maintained current within Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of operationally relevant structured and unstructured data.
- Effectively manage and support the backend infrastructure unified communications systems, including Skype for Business and Polycom VT, including but not limited to domestic and international calling, emergency calling, PSTN-connectivity, telepresence systems, and video teleconferencing. Provide efficient and effective implementation, support, or evaluation of new or evolving server technologies, both physical and virtual, as the Government deems appropriate, to enhance cyber capabilities. Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution for servers commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected system(s).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 9 years of experience as Systems Engineer
- Public Trust L5 Security Clearable
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Rapid System Engineering
- Eight to Ten Years of Experience in Team Leadership
- Five Years of Experience providing formal documentation and Briefings
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science in Systems Engineering
- Graduate Degree in Systems Engineering
- Experience with or knowledge of HSS EPLC .
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:12:54 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job