District of Columbia
Mail Engineer - Lead (Job Number:441565)
Email Engineer (Lead) Description:
SAIC is seeking Email Engineer to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency.
1. The lead Email Engineer will be responsible for all email engineering activities and engineering support to the email operations team.
2. The senior email engineer will oversee and manage all email lifecycle activities for a large hybrid multi- vendor shared services environment.
3. Ensure all email activities are designed, engineered and transitions in accordance with agency policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with industry best practices.
4. Ensure all email activities are documented for consistency providing a repeatable quality process.
5. Support the development of a disaster recovery plan meeting agency requirements.
6. Provide solutions for the integration of multi-vendor email systems into a centralized managed service.
Primary Location: United States-Washington, D.C.
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Schedule: Full-time
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
- Must have experience providing lifecycle engineering for all email services to include exchange, Office365, and other email solutions.
- Experience developing engineering designs, plans and analysis resulting in the recommendation of new or enhanced email solutions based on industry best practices.
- Experience managing email engineering projects following industry best practices.
- Experience managing, testing and deploying critical and routine systems / applications patches IAW applicable commercial and government practices.
- Understanding of the application of DevOps to enhance performance, increase efficiency and improve quality for email services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor and 14 years is preferred but experience is accepted in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience supporting enterprise messaging services, with a minimum of 5 years managing and overseeing technical support teams
2. Must be certified in Microsoft O365 or equivalent.
3. ITIL certification is desired.
4. Project Management experience and PMP certification are desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 9:56:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job