Service Desk Manager (Job Number:441703)
The Service Desk Manager will provide leadership, mentoring, and in-depth day-to-day technical guidance and management oversight to a team of Service Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel.
- The well-qualified candidate will possess and apply sound management principles to set the tone and pace for the maturation of the organization.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, providing leadership, technical direction and supervision to personnel supporting the operations and maintenance activities across the enterprise.
- The candidate must be capable of evaluating service performance metrics, communicating system performance, and leading teams in response to incidents/problems, performing risk assessments, and managing and directing operational staff as needed to ensure managed programs are performing optimally.
- Candidates must be able to meet or exceed all operational and performance based metrics associated with the incident and service request process, as well as ensure all critical/high and/or VIP incidents or service requests are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently within service level targets.
- The Service Desk Manager will actively monitor call and ticket queues to ensure customer calls and tickets are promptly addressed, as well as regularly monitor, review, and analyze operational and performance based metrics to determine/recommend opportunities for improvement and/or training initiatives.
- Daily, they will ensure Shift Leads (Day, Swing, and Mid shifts) are apprised of the service level performance (metrics), planned/unplanned outages, ongoing program initiatives, and internal/external communications.
- They will monitor performance of all shift leads to ensure their shifts are meeting/exceeding all operational and performance metrics, following documented SOPs, and providing regular reports (as requested or directed) in a timely manner.
- The SD Manager will ensure all incident and service request tickets are thoroughly documented per SOPs to include analysis of the incident/service request, troubleshooting and resolution steps takes, and follow up with customers (as necessary).
- They will ensure all incidents and service requests are promptly escalated across Tiered support per SOPs.
- The Service Desk Manager also must ensure all support personnel Service Desk and Systems provide prompt and professional service to customers and provide guidance to support staff as required.
- They will maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- In addition, they will communicate all planned/unplanned service outages to management, Senior Leadership supporting the IT Operations Center.
- Frequently communicate with Program Manager on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure Service Desk and Systems staff are prepared to support the Department.
- They will also identify, notify, and address operational deficiencies with Program Manager.
- The service desk manager will promptly notify management of potential system problems or customer issue.
- Ensure all required reporting is completed correctly, edited, proofread and ready for dissemination.
- Some of these reports may include staff’s production tickets (daily/weekly/monthly tickets received, tickets closed, tickets pending, etc.), turnover information, daily shift log, and hot issues reports.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience (Experience accepted in lieu of degree.)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Varies by contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline with 9 years of experience,
- Knowledge of current information technology tools and platforms
- Knowledge of and experience implementing ITIL / Service Management frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to articulate and execute on a strategic vision at the department level that supports the overall IT vision/strategy, while at the same time ensuring quality tactical implementations are achieved.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:28:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job