Mission Command Technical Lead (Job Number:441672)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Maneuver Battle Lab at Ft.Benning, Georgia (MBL) is seeking a Mission Command Technical Lead/Systems Administrator (Junior) to support U.S Army and Department of Defense (DOD) agencies simulation experiments. Successful candidates should possess a working knowledge in setting up and utilizing Command and Control, Communication and Computers and Intelligence (C4I) Systems to support experimentation both locally (LAN) and across the simulation federation (WAN). C4I systems will include but may not be limited to the following: Brigade Command Common Services (BCCS), Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Data Dissemination Service (DDS), Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC- P), Ventrilo, and future systems such as SitAware. Candidate must be capable of training experiment participants in C4I systems employed during the experiment. Will be required to prepare, execute, and support simultaneous events. Will assist with other technicians in establishing and maintaining experiment footprints; consisting of relocating floor panels, furniture, placing hardware, and providing technical support installing applications, system configuration, and ability to troubleshoot systems. This position also requires the use of Microsoft Office tools to create reports and communications in support of events. Serves as backup to the Senior Systems Administrator and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA/AS degree or certificate in computer-related field with 2+ years of experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or other related professional certifications will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Documented training and experience as a CPoF or related Mission Command Information System Field Support Representative (FSR) will be considered favorably in lieu of formal computer-related education and certification.
- Position requires working knowledge of US Army Mission Command Information Systems, with hands-on experience configuring, deploying, and administering Windows Servers.
- Experience managing Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), Lightweight Data Interchange Format (LDIF) and/or Active Directory content, and understanding basic Networking principles.
- Candidates must have an ability to address problems and assist with solutions as both a technician and as a systems administrator and communicating technical information in an understandable manner.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a dynamic and sometimes demanding environment with diverse teams.
Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following applications required:
- RHEL6 or better, Windows 10, or Windows Server 2012/2016.
Lifting 20-40lbs will be required.
Some travel may be required.
Active or recent SECRET security clearance required.
Current CompTIA A+, CCNA- Security, Network+, or SCCP Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 8:33:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-GA-FORT BENNING
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job