Asset and Configuration Manager (Oak Ridge, TN) (Job Number:441711)
The Asset & Configuration Manager is the Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Process Owner and Manager and be responsible for creating, managing and documenting processes, and recommending, facilitating, and managing SACM policy. This is the single focal point for SACM- related issues and works with managers from all functional areas for all activities associated with SACM to ensure the assets required to deliver services are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about these assets is available when and where it is needed. Performs Asset Management functions, including overall responsibility for identification, maintenance, and disposal of assets in compliance with the standards, policies, procedures, and instructions, High-level activities include management and planning, configuration identification, configuration control, status accounting and reporting, verification and audit. The position provides SACM process documentation (e.g., roles and responsibilities, Inputs/Outputs, Process Flows) for Customer approval ensures all documentation for process changes is updated after it is determined a change is needed. This position prepares SACM briefings and supporting materials for presentations and performs, at minimum, a semi-annual process review and recommend CSI initiatives/opportunities for consideration and approval.
- Provides technical assistance for maintaining and developing the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Has a general understanding of the basic concepts of defining hardware and software configuration processes and procedures
- Conducts configuration status accounting, tracks and reports all configuration management problems and changes in product documents/software
- Conducts configuration audits and supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software
- Provides technical assistance for software quality assurance process audits
- With minimal guidance, defines, documents and maintains the Configuration Control Board (CCB), including roles and responsibilities of CCB members
- With minimal guidance, defines hardware and software configuration processes and procedures, version control processes, policies and procedures to ensure they are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Assists with the use of configurations management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
- Demonstrated experience developing provide Service Asset and Configuration Reports as required by the Government.
- Experience initiating actions to define hardware and software configuration processes and procedures, version control processes, policies and procedures to ensure they are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- ITIL Intermediate Level Certification
- Quality Management certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 9:38:11 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job