Staff Electronics Engineer, ASIC & FPGA Design
Job ID: 460429BR
Date posted: Nov. 08, 2018
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:Staff Electronics Engineer, ASIC & FPGA Design will be working for the Central ASIC & FPGA Engineering organization on a program as needed.
The Staff Electronics Engineer candidate will have experience in the following ASIC and FPGA design activities with minimal level of oversight:
- Documenting requirements for the design from system level requirements.
- Support development such of the architecture, design, analysis, and test.
- Support technical reviews and be able to present to internal and external customers.
- Support an independent verification team verifying the design.
*Ability to obtain SECRET Clearance required for this role.
*This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, ASIC, Application-Specific Integrated Circuits , SoC, FPGA, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, UVM, OVM, VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, C++, Java, IP cores
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
Experience in the design and/or verification of FPGA devices
* This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
Experience in the design and verification of FPGA and/or ASIC devices.
- Experience with modern verification methodologies, including UVM and/or OVM. Familiarity with UVM-based functional verification concepts and methodologies, as they apply to design for test.
- Experience in developing FPGAs and/or ASICs for high-reliability applications including space environments.
- Experience evaluating IP cores from multiple vendors and performing trade
studies to determine optimal solution.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Modelsim or Questasim, Synopsys Synplify Pro, and Libero SoC.
- Experience developing with Xilinx Virtex-5QV, Microsemi antifuse (RTSX and/or RTAX) and SoC (RTG4) devices and Xilinx 7-series or newer devices.
- Experience with AMBA architectures, embedded processors, and IP cores.
- HDL programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog.
- Experience with object-oriented programming (e.g. C++ or Java).
- Experience designing and/or verifying high complexity modular architectures.
- Experience using MS office products is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electronics Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: yes
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2