Project Coordinator - Reentry Flight Test Projects
Job ID: 460657BR
Date posted: Nov. 08, 2018
Description:The primary responsibilities of this position will be to oversee a Flight Test Project for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Advanced Reentry Projects team as the Project Coordinator. Advanced Reentry Projects is responsible for development, build, test and delivery of advanced instrumented Reentry Bodies (RBs). Responsibilities within this group include cost and schedule management, requirements development and verification, conducting systems engineering design reviews, and coordination with multiple disciplines to achieve project milestones including design (mechanical, electrical, RF & Software), flight sciences, Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T), as well as the Navy SP28 customer. The candidate will work under the direction of Reentry Flight Tests leadership and will be responsible for ensuring the project meets all milestones and deliverables on time and within budget constraints. Occasional travel may be required.
• Demonstrated ability in general project management skills (e.g. cost and schedule management including critical path analysis, coordinating and leading team meetings, and making technical and programmatic decisions)
• Excellent, demonstrated communication, presentation and people skills are required as this position requires frequent briefings to senior leadership as well as the Navy customer
• Must be able to work independently and in a small team environment as a leader
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare reports, graphs, and visual presentation aids, perform measurements, and interpret data
• Experience leading a project team or an IPT
• Understanding and experience with earned value management
• Experience writing BOEs in support of proposal efforts
• Experience with coordinating and presenting at standard design reviews (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR)
• Demonstrated experience with ballistic missiles and/or reentry body related engineering and science disciplines including aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, and/or fluid mechanics
• Knowledge of & experience with Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs’ Reentry Systems’ products and performance
• Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering disciplines
• Experience reviewing and interpreting engineering drawings is a plus
• Experience with a scheduling tool such as MS Project or RTP
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2