Job ID: 455515BR
Date posted: Nov. 08, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• The primary responsibilities of this position will be to support the Assembly, Integration and Test of hardware for the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program.
• AI&T is responsible for the execution of building up Reentry Body bodies that are highly instrumented with sensors.
• The position requires integration with the Lockheed manufacturing team, procurement, logistics as well as multiple engineering disciplines (Flight Sciences, Mechanical design, electrical design, etc...).
• This is a term position in Sunnyvale to 2022.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Technical degree with emphasis in engineering, math, sciences or manufacturing.
- Experience with Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
- Secret clearance
- Experience working on a Department of Defense program, experience within FBM and Reentry Systems a plus.
- Experience with working cross-functionally to integrate complex hardware systems.
- Ability to track cost, technical and schedule aspects of multiple projects.
- Experience with failure analysis
- Understanding of procurement processes
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2