Job ID: 460776BR
Date posted: Nov. 08, 2018
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Did you ever think that you would be able to impact programs that put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems? Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we are accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. As a manufacturing planner, you will have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new, and maintain current, state of the art engineering facilities.
We are looking for you to join our team supporting our Space and Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) programs.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Perform the Make, Buy, and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Requirements/Resource Planning (MRP) transactions.
• Accomplish one or multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions.
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost.
• Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements.
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations management to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirement.
• Execute schedule plans; provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• Coordinate with Sr Level production planners and supply Chain Stakeholder including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts.
• Execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements.
• Maintain MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make associated changes to the BOM.
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in related discipline with 3 years of experience, or equivalent of 10 years experience if no degree.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field with 3 years of job relevant professional experience. In lieu of degree you must have approximately 10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, procurement, or program planning.
• Knowledge of MS Project and SAP.
• Experience with ERP/ERP tools/systems.
• Proficient with MS word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning methods and processes.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt Certification.
• Knowledge of manufacturing tools and systems.
• Experience using SAP.
• Experience engaging with and/or leading cross functional teams including technicians, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, quality, production leads, supply chain process owners, and program engineering.
• Experience in leading and participating in Lean Manufacturing and six sigma process improvement events.
• Experience with ESD, ordnance and electronic assembly.
• Active security clearance at time of application is desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2