Reliability Engineer (Job Number:441809)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position is to execute the RAM program for a tracked vehicle program. The candidate will have a good overall understanding of both ground vehicle and weapon hardware and software, along with the understanding of reliability engineering, including reliability and maintainability (R&M) allocation, reliability growth curves, failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS), fault detection isolation and recovery (FDIR), and determining component failure probabilities. Responsibilities will include assisting in the processes development for use of component reliability and maintainability data in determining adherence to the service level agreements, participating in weekly technical interchange between operations and maintenance teams, and performing reliability analyses of Ground Systems. Additionally, the successful candidate may be responsible for functional and data requirements analysis, system analysis, and document preparation for complex systems and processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate must possess a strong industrial and/or systems engineering expertise.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics, process failure and maintenance data to determine mission success rates, and to manage failure reporting and corrective actions.
- Experience in reliability engineering is required.
- The candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills, including the ability to develop general concepts into an actionable plan, and have the ability to present these results to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office; to write technical papers or reports, utilize templates in summarizing reports into presentations, and perform analysis of data using spreadsheet applications.
- Due to the work location, a successful completion of an investigation at the secret level will be required to work on the Program.
- This check could take 12- 18 months to complete.
- Understanding of military vehicle programs, complex electro-mechanical systems, and operational and systems reliability analysis and testing is desired.
- Understanding of R&M allocations, Cut Set Analysis, and Importance Measure Analysis is also desired as part of an overall background in Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with PTC Windchill Quality Solutions (formally RELEX), Minitab, or other reliability and statistical analysis software is highly desired.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science, or related science degree from an accredited college or university.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering or science is also preferred, although, an additional 4 years of related reliability engineering experience can be substituted for the MS degree.
Years of Experience:
- The candidate must have at least 5 or more years of related experience in the field of military mobility/firepower systems, and/or in the field of Reliability Engineering.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 3:16:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job