District of Columbia
PEO IWS 1.0 AEGIS Computer Hardware Systems Engineer (Job Number:441395)
- Support the PEO IWS Technical Insertion (TI) Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) in the area of TI planning.
- TI is the process of configuring the AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) with updated, effective computer processors, displays and network equipment to maintain a modern, integrated shipboard combat system computing environment on nearly 100 ships.
- This effort is conducted in conjunction with the AEGIS Advanced Capability Build process, which similarly upgrades the AEGIS Computer Program on a periodic basis to mitigate the effects of obsolescence related to the current and future fleet of cruisers and destroyers.
- Both efforts invest in a comprehensive land based test and development effort across several US Navy and industry sites.
Specific activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the TI Development PAPM in monitoring and managing development activities across 1TI.
- Interface directly with Fleet, Participating Resource Acquisition Managers (PARMs) who manage specific warfare system programs that interface with the AWS (e.g. the IWS 2 program office which manages above water sensors), field activities (e.g., Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren), research centers (e.g., Applied Physics Lab/Johns Hopkins University), training centers (e.g. AEGIS Training and Readiness Center), and prime contractors/vendors/OEMs (e.g., LMCO) to ensure tasks are accomplished, and objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Support the PEO IWS commonality initiative and enterprise hardware process. Interface across IWS and C4I directorates to enable progress towards achieving the PEOs goal of buying the most cost effective hardware solutions by achieving economies of scale in terms of buying power and by reducing maintenance costs.
- Identify potential rehost and common hardware opportunities across PEO IWS and C4I directorates including all naval combat systems. Provide engineering assessment of recommendations and solutions presented by various stakeholders.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute IWS 1TI informational and decision briefs, point papers, memoranda, and program plans in support of Fleet interaction, acquisition milestones, information exchanges with other programs, and other programmatic forums.
- Support 1TI inputs (presentations and actions) to the Executive Steering Group (ESG), Flag Oversight Review Board (FOSB), various Focus Days, coordination groups, and other Flag and O-6 events.
- Coordinate with TI managers and their teams to create and maintain a TI roadmap for all programs under 1TI purview. Maintain and update the TI Fielding Plan and ACB & TI Configuration Charts and distribute periodically.
- Work with IWS 1.0 to update the AEGIS PoR Info Pack periodically.
- Assist PAPM in maintaining program alignment within IWS 1 and with partner organizations to include PARMs, Missile Defense Agency, and other surface combatant combat management systems.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of Fiscal Year task planning across IWS 1TI and with outside organizations as needed.
- Create and maintain program financial documentation to include budget, task planning sheets, and task planning sheet summaries for tasks under direct PAPM control. Work with baseline management teams to provide roll-up of overall 1TI financial status.
- Support PAPM in formal action item tracking and management.
- Coordinate across the 1TI team to ensure completion of tasking and assist or delegate assistance where needed.
- Help ensure that staffing supports required tasking. Help ensure that 1TI PAPM direction is promulgated and executed. Support the coordination and conduct of periodic staff meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of regular TI reviews with field activities and prime contractors.
- Ensure contract requirements and tasks are properly written and articulated to industry based on program needs and the latest computer technology and industry capabilities.
- Ensure TI development is conducted in conjunction with AEGIS Computer Program development.
- Coordinate and combine 1TI team inputs for the weekly report to IWS 1.0.
- Assist the In-Service TI Manager in monitoring and managing In-Service TI activities. Interface directly with Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research centers, training centers, and contractors to ensure program tasks are accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Create and maintain program risks, and assist in the conduct of Risk Advisory Boards.
- Maintain lists of government furnished equipment, information, and computer programs and interface with stakeholders to ensure timely delivery.
- Work with IWS 1AD (AEGIS Development), 1AP (AEGIS Production), 1SI (Ship Integration), and 1FR (Fleet Readiness) PAPMs to align delivery of computing equipment with computer program development needs, production test requirements, Fleet needs, and ship availability.
- Perform risk assessments and trade-off analysis of TI development decisions with the objectives of assessing maturity of the effort, clarify requirements, monitor compliance to government requirements, evaluate the validity and completeness of technical documentation and assess the contractor’s readiness to proceed to the next phase.
- Assist the MK 6 Manager in monitoring and managing development activities. Interface directly with Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research centers, training centers, industry and contractors to ensure program tasks are accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved. Interface across PEO IWS and PEO C4I to align computing equipment across the Surface Navy.
- Participate in CSEA Agile Systems Engineering activities.
- Participate in Navy Review Team (NRT) activities and other Program/Technical reviews dealing with development and integration of combat system elements.
- Assist the Sites Manager in monitoring and managing site activities. Interface directly with Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research centers, training centers, industry and contractors to ensure program tasks are accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved. Interface across PEO IWS and PEO C4I to align sites requirements and meet site needs.
- Assist the Common Display System (CDS) Manager in monitoring and managing development activities. Interface directly with CDS Users, Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research centers, training centers, industry and contractors to ensure program tasks are accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved. Interface across PEO IWS and PEO C4I to align computing equipment across the Surface Navy.
- Assist the Common Processing System (CPS) Manager in monitoring and managing development activities. Interface directly with CPS Users, Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research centers, training centers, industry and contractors to ensure program tasks are accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Interface across PEO IWS and PEO C4I to align computing equipment across the Surface Navy.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5+ yrs experience or Masters and 3+ yrs exp or PhD and 0 yrs exp
- Must have at least 5 years of AEGIS land based test site experience at one of the following facilities:
- Naval Systems Computing Center (NSCC)
- Production Test Lab
- Integrated Warfare Systems Lab (IWSL)
- Combat Systems Engineering Development Site (CSEDS)
- Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC)
- AEGIS Training and Readiness Center (ATRC)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 10:25:53 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job