full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer/Editor to support our growing programs in Stafford, VA and Quantico, VA. This is an opportunity to support a HI-VIS US Marine Corps Program.
This position requires a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
As a member of the MCIA S5 Staff Section, provides technical writing and editing support to S5 leads for Strategic Planning, Project Management, and Business Management
• Captures and distributes meeting minutes to ensure broad understanding and transparency of information relevant to MCIA employees and to support future decision making and resource planning for Command-level initiatives
• Using established document and brief formats, assists determining document needs of end users
• Provides grammar, style, and formatting recommendations to document and brief drafts provided for review
• Provides first draft creation for pre-formatted documents and briefs using technical information provided by Subject-Matter-Experts
• Works with graphics personnel to assist with professional integration of photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts of documents and briefs
• Revise documents and briefs as updates are required
• Five (5) years in relevant technical field which required significant writing/editing of technical documentation, procedures and guidelines relevant to Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) or Information Technology (IT) systems or equipment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe Pro
• Familiarity with Naval and Marine Corps specific correspondence guides
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing
Ten (10) years of related experience accepted in lieu of a degree.