What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is conducting search for a Principal Supply Chain Program Manager located in McKinney, TX in support of the Multi-Function Radio Frequency Systems Product Line. In this role, you’re the liaison between Supply Chain and the Program Integrated Product Team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
- You’re the IDS Global Supply Chain Management Team’s single point of contact to the Program Integrated Product Team for all material and services required to support that team.
- Using common program management disciplines to support schedule reviews, Risk/Opportunity management, financial reports, Earned Value Management, Program Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary Design Review/Critical Design Review support.
- Supporting strategy for creation, management, and execution of the material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP) for the Integrated Product Team to ensure team performance from the front end of the business through contract closure.
- Providing Supply Chain support for key program activities. Key activities typically include: financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.)
- Supporting the Integrated Product Team to achieve the creation of the Bill of Materials, Statements of Work or Specifications/drawings.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, supplier performance, Small Business plan development and execution, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW strategy, the Collaborative Agreement process, etc.), and communication of customer flow through requirements such as Federal Acquisition Regulations, International offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Serving as the Control Account Manager (CAM).
- Working at the front end of the business to identify and serve Supply Chain resources to support the capture plan and manages the Supply Chain content of the proposal pipeline and new product development and affordability initiatives.
- 6+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Quality, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Program or Project Management
- Experience with supply chain or related systems
- MPM Certification required within one year in role
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of PRISM/SAP
- Property Management experience
- Raytheon or similar Six Sigma Specialist
- Experience with Supplier management and/or Subcontract management
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced hybrid Development / Production environment
- Strong leadership ability
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Able to develop and coordinate strategies and manage tactical execution
- Ability to work toward achieving customer objectives without specific direction
- Experience making presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders and senior managers
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively act to address program and functional issues.
- Demonstrate strong risk assessment and mitigation/avoidance skills
This job is posted internally as: Principal Material Program Manager
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.