Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is for a RF and Digital Test Support Engineer to support the production factory for our Airborne Early Warning System (AEWS) and GNS (GPS and Navigation Systems) production programs. There is an immediate need for a full time, engineer who can ramp up quickly. The person must be interested working at least a year, but ideally long term (multi-year) in a production manufacturing area (El Segundo north or south campus). Advancement potential exists to grow into a lead Engineer.
These activities include:
- Partnering with the Operations Manager, interface with IT/PMs/IPTLs/CEs and customers to support production programs
- Perform as the lead engineer for RF and digital testing and troubleshooting, supervising and mentoring junior engineers and develop test technicians in support of production efforts
- Tracking and improving the test engineering process efficiency over time.
- Support the STE design team to architect, procure, and implement new test stations, and the associated software, for future needs.
- Support technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Support technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and field test requirements verification
- Support customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Support RCCA (Root Cause analysis and Corrective Action)
- Evaluating and resolving issues with parts obsolescence
- Writing ETPs and ATPs (Engineering and Acceptance Test Procedures)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in systems engineering and/or hardware development or testing in the following areas
- Understanding of RF receive chain measurement techniques (Gain, NF, IP3, 1 dB compression, spurious signals)
- Capable of using RF instrumentation (vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, noise figure meter, oscilloscope)
- RF and digital troubleshooting, fault identification, improvising test setups
- Capable of performing RF test setup design, documentation, configuration control, and software version control
- Experienced in RF receivers or antennas as well as digital circuit cards
- Occasional travel to support troubleshooting at customer and supplier sites
- Teaming with technicians, quality engineers, operations personnel, and hardware/systems engineers
- Good judgment and decision making abilities
- Active U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Able to prioritize among multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- RF Test Station Automation using LabVIEW for instrument control and Excel Visual Basic macros for test report generation
- Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
- Work experience with AESA antennas or GPS receivers
- Experience working with optical fiber communication systems
- Experience using VM (Visiprise Manufacturing) system or other shop floor control systems
- Experience using Subversion or similar software version control repository
- Familiarity with Matlab or other data analysis tools
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferred
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.