Job Title: University Programs: Quality Assurance Engineer I
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
The Raytheon SAS Mission Assurance Supplier Quality organization ensures that known good parts and services are received from the supply chain. We work collaboratively with our internal functional counterparts to ensure requirements flow down and Technical Data Packages (TDP) will result in product that performs in the system and meets specifications. We conduct supplier oversight through requirements reviews, in-process and final inspections at supplier’s facilities and perform ‘value-added’ incoming inspection at Raytheon to ensure compliance. We perform robust containment, root cause, corrective action and validation of supplier caused defects and develop bids that support all of the Supplier Quality Activity.
This Supplier Quality Engineer position will provide Supplier Quality support to assigned programs within Space & Airborne Systems. Tasks include:
Review hardware, software and service purchase requisitions or material masters for complete and correct flow down requirements.
- Act as a technical interface between Supplier Quality, SCM and Suppliers on rejected materials.
- Perform defect data analysis and review with the program managers and supplier management, which will assist in developing Supplier improvement plans.
- Lead and participate on multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools.
- Identify and document supplier risk; develop mitigation plans to reduce, eliminate and prevent supplied product defects.
- Lead containment activities associated with discrepant material, with assistance from functional stakeholders.
- Initiate supplier corrective action process, review, approval and monitoring; assure containment, closed loop Root Cause Corrective Action is obtained; communicate issue and resolution to functional stakeholders.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis processes and tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to participate in the resolution of technical issues with respect to product processes, systems and deliverables in engineering, supply chain and quality and at the supplier.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing related documents.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and apply decision-making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention.
- Possess excellent verbal / written and presentation communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communications with stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management.
- Experience using process improvement techniques and methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and DMADV) and tools (e.g. ANOVA, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA).
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes.
- Project management experience, working experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment, is a plus.
- High energy, self – starter with ability to perform work under general direction.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying).
Required Education (including major): Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.