General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Perform as the JTLS (Joint Theater Level Simulation)Analyst during exercise setup, operational testing, and execution. Provide support for JTLS through the monitoring of all JTLS computer resources utilized by the Joint Staff J7 supported events/exercises. Ensure the JTLS user can execute the game and analyze game results. Identify, evaluation, and prioritize customer issues and ensure that inquireies were successfully resolved.
Receive JTLS user requests for support, conduct initial screening and capture the details in the tracking log.
Analyze and perform troubleshooting to resolve issues and/or escalate for further analysis and resolution.
Perform first responder in support of the JTLS usre community during events/exercises.
Execture test plans/cases to certify system functionality before, during, and after system upgrades/maintenance.
Develop computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
4. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
5. Writes or updates software specifications.
6. Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.