Policy and Governance Analyst (Job Number:441894)
- The Policy and Governance Analyst supports the Joint Staff Chief Information Officer (JS CIO) in aligning the JS Information Technology (IT) policy and IT service management with ongoing Federal and DoD-wide transformation efforts.
- Manages the CIO’s coordination of IT related policy Action Packages with staff members, Offices of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), military services, combatant commands and Defense agencies for resolution of IT issues, actions and tasks.
- Use JS provided process and COTS solutions (comprising Bizflow, Alfresco, and Jaspersoft).
- Provide preliminary analysis and recommendations for coordinating Action Packages.
- Work closely with other JS IT and management teams for Action Package coordination.
- Monitor, track and report status of ongoing Action Packages to completion, and coordinate with JS representatives to report issues to completion.
- Identify or define best practices for processes through knowledge or research as necessary.
- Administratively support JS representatives to CIO governance boards in the Capitol Region. Report on policies, issues and initiatives that affect the JS CIO.
- Provide support to IT initiatives by recommending alternatives, identification of emerging technologies and knowledge of IT activities in other Defense organizations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) from accredited college or university.
- Fifteen years’ related work experience.
- Knowledge of the overall processes and methods for developing and staffing policy documents to approval.
- Technical IT/SW background – with the ability to understand IT management processes.
- Ability to create processes and procedures for use by others in preparing and reviewing staffing packages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to provide analysis and recommendations.
- DoD Headquarters or JS experience.
- Experience in written and verbal communications with senior military officers and senior government employees/executives.
- Top Secret.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 11:26:19 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job