District of Columbia
Avaya Voice Engineer (VG00574) (Job Number:441868)
The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data and voice services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area. In support of these services, the Voice Engineer provides voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications.
This Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes, but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs) working closely with the Integrated Project Data/Voice Lead Engineer.
Description of Daily Duties:
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with IPT Data/Voice Lead and IPT Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
- Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Active SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain TS and/or TS/SCI.
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom administration work and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components:
- Aura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater
- S-Series and COTS Server,MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager
- Aura Messaging, and Inuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet SBC’s
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment
Desired Certifications (one or more of the following certifications are desired but not required):
- Experience with SolarWinds
- CCNP Voice and/or Data - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 7:39:09 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job