Army Interoperability Technical Review Board (AITRB) Secretary (Job Number:441354)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Army Interoperability Technical Review Board (AITRB) Secretary
- The AITRB Secretary position will provide the means for Army Project Office participation in the Joint configuration management (CM) process known as the Joint Interoperability of Tactical Command and Control Systems or JINTACCS. This effort is mandated by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to ensure interoperability among the tactical command-and- control systems used in joint and multinational military operations. This includes all US and multinational Tactical Data Link (TDL) procedural standards including Links 11, 11B, 16, 22, VMF, IBS-CMF and JREAP. Joint CM forums include but are not limited the Joint Multi-Tactical Data Link Configuration Control Board (JMTCCB), Joint Multi- TADIL Standards Working Group (JMSWG) and the Missile Defense Agency Subgroup (MDASG). Army- specific TDL forums include the Army Configuration Control Board (ACCB). Participation in Joint CM is directed by CJCSI 6610.01E - Tactical Data Link Standardization and Interoperability. This instruction establishes policy to achieve and maintain interoperability among those Department of Defense (DoD) information technology (IT) and national security systems (NSS) that implement tactical data links (TDL). Policies outlined in this instruction are focused on achieving interoperability through the standardization of message protocols, format, content, implementation, and documentation. To support this effort, the AITRB Secretary will assist the AITRB Chairman in hosting at least three AITRB meetings per year at the Software Development Directorate at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. This requires the generation of at least three AITRB meeting agendas and AITRB meeting minutes, including a Joint TDL report, three times annually. These reports are generated by an application on the AITRB website which is continuously fed interoperability artifacts (i.e. notes and documents) by the AITRB chairman and secretary. The AITRB Secretary will assist the AITRB Chairman by traveling to and participating in the Joint Multi-Tactical Data Link Configuration Control Board (JMTCCB) and the Joint Multi-TADIL Standards Working Group (JMSWG) tree times a year following the AITRB meetings. The AITRB Secretary will generate the Joint trip report using notes taken at these meetings.
In addition to the above, the AITRB Secretary will:
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing PEO-MS and AMCOM voting representation at the Army Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing “Lessons learned” expertise regarding Joint and Army forums.
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing coordination with Army systems (via AITRB) to diminish differences and achieve a consensus army vote at Army CCB and Joint forums.
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing screening and filtering of all TDL related Interface Change Proposals (ICPs), Request for Exceptions (RFEs) and TDL policy initiatives.
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing Initial ICP / RFE submission evaluation and tailoring advice along with coordination with Joint communities.
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing coordination of J28.0 (Army unique) message implementation.
- Provide and manage access to interoperability/ICP/RFE library (AITRB website & database)
- Assist the AITRB chairman in providing access to the Interoperable Systems Management and Requirements Transformation (iSMART) and associated eSMART tools.
- Periodically update the AITRB website to reflect the current and final disposition of all ICPs and RFEs considered by the JMTCCB and the AITRB.
- Track new developments in Joint Interoperability Testing and the adjudication of Trouble Reports (TRs) by the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC).
- Author Army ICPs, RFEs and whitepapers, when necessary.
- Assist the AITRB chairman in determining Link 16 implementations for Army platforms. Applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office tools and MS Windows. SQL server and PHP experience are a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and 5 years of experience.
Familiarity with the following US military standards/manuals/instructions:
- MIL-STD-6016 (Link 16) - Required
- MIL-STD-6020 (Data Forwarding Between Tactical Data Links (TDLs)) - Desired
- MIL-STD-3011 (DOD Interface Standard for The Joint Range Extension Application Protocol (JREAP)) - Desired
- MIL-STD-6017 (Variable Message Format (VMF)) - Desired
- MIL-STD-6011 (Link 11) - Desired
- MIL-STD-6018 (Integrated Broadcast Service-CMF (IBS-CMF)) - Desired
- CJCSM 6120.01 (Joint Multi-Tactical Data Link Operating Procedures (JMTOP) Overview) - Desired
- CJCSI 6610.01 (Tactical Data Link Standardization and Interoperability. - Desired
Familiarity with the following NATO Standards:
- STANAG 4175 (TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MULTIFUNCTIONAL INFORMATION DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM (MIDS)) - Desired
- STANAG 5522 (NATO Link 22) - Desired
- STANAG 5516 (NATO Link 16) - Desired
- STANAG 5511 (NATO Link 11) - Desired
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 9:06:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job