Software Engineer Associate
Job ID: 459370BR
Date posted: Nov. 09, 2018
Description:Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us on Special Programs as we partner with the U.S. intelligence community to navigate the ever-changing global landscape. If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of building premiere spacecraft for our customers, then Special Programs is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters.
The chosen candidate will:
- Be the primary interface with project leads and System Engineers for software architecture decisions.
- Own multiple software engineering lifecycle activities, to include requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design (OOD), implementation, unit testing, integration testing, and delivery.
- Support development of complex internal and external system interfaces.
A software engineer on this team can expect the following:
- A close working relationship with our users. This allows us to better understand their needs, and to see the results of our work. Our users are engaged, and committed to working with us to create an exceptional product.
- An opportunity to work with emerging technologies. Our team is working on a number of R&D efforts that allow us to experiment with new technologies and concepts, and identify ways to enhance our product.
- Encouragement to identify and pursue new projects. Our management team fosters an entrepreneurial environment that allows us to exercise creativity in the identification of new opportunities and capabilities.
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or BS Degree with Computer Science or Computer Engineering studies or related experience in lieu of CS degree.
Demonstrated object oriented programming experience in Java
OS background to include Sun Solaris or Linux, and Windows
Object Oriented Methodologies and UML Modeling Techniques.
Agile software development
Knowledge of Oracle or other relational databases.
Web development experience with Ruby on Rails or a Node.js framework
Knowledge of NoSQL Databases
Amazon Web Services experience.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to generate documentation to accompany developed software.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2