Material Logistics Supervisor
Job ID: 458069BR
Date posted: Nov. 09, 2018
Description:The Materials Supervisor for the Aerostructures Product Center will be responsible to supervise a staff of material operations personnel dedicated to ensuring on-time delivery of material to our internal and external customers. Be responsible for the materials management function in their work center, inclusive of production control, shipping, receiving and inventory management. Employee will also be responsible to communicate with other organizations to include Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing to find solutions to various materials issues which will potentially hold up schedules. Successful candidate will perform a wide variety of analytical and administrative duties involving diverse material management functions including Material Planning and Inventory Control to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
• Work with purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes to ensure the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with delivery schedules, while optimizing inventory levels.
• Anticipate potential issues and employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving through continuous improvement for permanent corrective action.
• Monitor and ensure departmental hourly personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost efficient environment at all times.
• Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental and Sikorsky procedures relative to purchasing and material movement activities.
• Monitor controls for work order management, and determine work order release schedules.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams and presenting project results to all levels of Management.
• Demonstrated competency in MSOffice Suite products including Microsoft Access
• Excellent communication and leadership skills are a necessity.
• Superior organization and planning skills.
• Education: BA/BS Degree and 3-5 years’ experience in material operations and/or inventory management
• SAP expertise
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Material and Distribution
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)