End Point Engineer - Lead - Military veterans preferred
District of Columbia
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
Job Title: End Point Engineer (Senior) Description:
SAIC is seeking a Senior End Point Engineer to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency.
- The Senior endpoint engineer will be responsible for all endpoint engineering activities and engineering support to the endpoint operations team.
- The senior endpoint engineer will oversee and manage all endpoint lifecycle activities for a large shared services environment.
- Ensure all endpoint activities are designed, engineered and transitions in accordance with agency policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with industry best practices.
- Ensure all endpoint activities are documented for consistency providing a repeatable quality process.
Primary Location: United States-Washington, D.C.
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Schedule: Full-time
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
- Must have experience providing lifecycle engineering for all endpoint devices to include desktop, notebook, think client and mobile devices.
- Experience developing engineering designs, plans and analysis resulting in the recommendation of new or enhanced endpoint solutions based on industry best practices.
- Experience managing endpoint engineering projects following industry best practices.
- Experience building, packaging and deploying baseline images to all endpoint devices.
- Experience managing, testing and deploying critical and routine systems / applications patches IAW applicable commercial and government practices.
- Understanding of the application of DevOps to enhance performance, increase efficiency and improve quality for endpoint services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor and 14 years is preferred but experience is accepted in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience designing and managing Windows images and imaging infrastructure.
- Must have strong experience with application packaging, patching of Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policies, WMI, Dell Hardware, and anti-virus technologies.
- Experience supporting IT shared services provider organizations
- ITIL certification is desired.
- Microsoft Certification desired.
- Project Management experience and PMP certification are desired.
More Jobs For Veterans...