District of Columbia
End Point Engineer - Lead (Job Number:441567)
Job Title: End Point Engineer (Senior) Description:
SAIC is seeking a Senior End Point Engineer to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency.
1. The Senior endpoint engineer will be responsible for all endpoint engineering activities and engineering support to the endpoint operations team.
2. The senior endpoint engineer will oversee and manage all endpoint lifecycle activities for a large shared services environment.
3. Ensure all endpoint activities are designed, engineered and transitions in accordance with agency policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with industry best practices.
4. Ensure all endpoint activities are documented for consistency providing a repeatable quality process.
Primary Location: United States-Washington, D.C.
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Schedule: Full-time
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
1. Must have experience providing lifecycle engineering for all endpoint devices to include desktop, notebook, think client and mobile devices.
2. Experience developing engineering designs, plans and analysis resulting in the recommendation of new or enhanced endpoint solutions based on industry best practices.
3. Experience managing endpoint engineering projects following industry best practices.
4. Experience building, packaging and deploying baseline images to all endpoint devices.
5. Experience managing, testing and deploying critical and routine systems / applications patches IAW applicable commercial and government practices.
6. Understanding of the application of DevOps to enhance performance, increase efficiency and improve quality for endpoint services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor and 14 years is preferred but experience is accepted in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience designing and managing Windows images and imaging infrastructure.
2. Must have strong experience with application packaging, patching of Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policies, WMI, Dell Hardware, and anti-virus technologies.
3. Experience supporting IT shared services provider organizations
4. ITIL certification is desired.
5. Microsoft Certification desired.
6. Project Management experience and PMP certification are desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 9:39:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job