District of Columbia
Symantec End User Security Engineer (Job Number:441887)
Seeking an IT Security Manager to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency. The IT Security Manager reports to the Operations Manager and provides day-to-day management of the IT Security Team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to coordinate and manage a multi-vendor, geographically distributed team performing network monitoring, identifying and resolving IT security vulnerabilities, and ensuring compliance with federal, FISMA and agency security-related statutes, regulations, rules, and standards.
- Knowledge of Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring tools and processes, and the design and maintenance of technical security controls.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) related to IT infrastructure systems.
- Knowledge of security incident reporting and response.
- Ability to support agency security audits.
- Understanding of industry best practices for firewall management.
- Understanding of Network-Based Intrusion Detection Services and Host-Based Intrusion Detection Services.
- Knowledge of independent verification and validation of intrusion and exfiltration detection services.
- Skill in building work relationships, resolving conflict, managing projects, and promoting process improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate with senior agency management on a daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on short notice within established deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and willingness to work engineering and other support teams.
- Expertise in commercial service desk systems (e.g. BMC Remedy or ServiceNow) to track and resolve all service requests.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 team, including hiring, training, and shift planning.
- Ability to update online knowledge management systems with incident analysis and resolution information.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in IT related field
- Minimum 14 years of experience with 3 years of experience in managing IT Security operations.
- Experience providing IT security support for enterprises with at least 10,000 users.
- Managing service delivery to achieve defined SLAs.
- Experience performing supervisory functions.
- Knowledge of ITIL is required. ITIL certification is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job