BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Manager of Sales Operations position is responsible for managing the development and delivery of core sales and sales management training & development programs focused on in-training and in-role Location General Managers, store and contact center Sales Managers and Sales Associates. Management of these programs includes: collaboration with executive sponsors and customers, needs analysis, program development, program delivery and execution, program measurement, and recommendations for program adjustment/creation of new programs. The Manager of Sales Operations must develop strong Home Office and Field partnerships to ensure each program or process developed meets the functional needs of the sales business and drives results. As part of the Sales leadership team they will consult regularly with the VP, DVPs and RVPs of Sales to help shape and execute the company’s overarching Sales Operations & Development strategies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Builds strong partnerships with business leaders, field & home office associates, SME’s, suppliers and others to identify key areas where advanced training, knowledge management or other talent management solutions are required to meet business objectives.
• Serves as an expert instructional design consultant, partnering with the business area to develop training solutions optimizing methods, channels and other factors in facilitating field associate and manager training programs.
• Manages design & delivery of sales training, knowledge management or other talent management programs through direct or indirect reporting relationships.
• Participates as needed in all aspects of Sales training projects and programs including organizing, leading and completing the day-to-day work of a project team.
• Manages the introduction and implementation of new technology solutions and options to continuously improve Sales Training at CarMax.
• Maintains a close understanding of developments and leading-edge practices in the areas of talent process and talent/learning technology to inform thinking on value adding and innovative approaches.
• Assess Sales processes and systems by conducting store visits and using qualitative and quantitative analysis and testing to determine required improvements.
• Up to 40% travel including overnight stays to conduct in-store needs analysis, research and validation of training solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to define and implement training strategies
• Ability to motivate, influence and persuade across all levels of the organization
• Ability to build and maintain strong business partnerships and stay connected with various areas of the business
• Ability to determine customer-specific needs and put forth actions to meet those needs
• Ability to prioritize and lead team to achieve long-term and short-term results
• Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to grow associates through constructive feedback and encouragement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong sense of quality control
• Ability to manage competing projects, tasks and demands while meeting tight deadlines
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Knowledgeable on training software and technologies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate degree in Adult Education or similar major preferred
• 2-5 years professional training development and/or training consultant experience
• Proficient in educational methods and application for adult learning
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with web-based development software (e.g. Captivate), multimedia authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud), or other industry leading learning development technology solutions