Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
Network Engineer Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
SAIC is currently looking for a Network Engineer to design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Join SAIC and grow your career in critical areas of systems integration, research and development, and space operations at the USAF Research and Development Space and Missile Operations program.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform network design/monitoring, permissions management, account management, user activity logging, virtualization management, middleware management, database management.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contribute to development of new principles and concepts
- Participate with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. An additional 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a DoD Top Secret / SCI
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) may be required for this position
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Able to work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Vendors/Tools/Management Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VMware vRealize Operations.
- Eclipse IDE.
- Information Technology.
- Cyber Security.
- Cloud architecture.
- Concept of operations formulation.
- Analysis and engineering.
- System architecting.
- Hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- System analysis and design.
- Interface and data architectures.
- Systems integration.
- Fabric switches.
- Intrusion detection systems.
- Software data centers.
- Antenna systems.
- Ground support equipment.