• Support the operations of a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC).
• The position is responsible for conducting monitoring of several thousand virtual and physical network components and systems for health and performance issues.
• Maintains, and repairs routing, IP switching, firewalls, and remote access issues.
• Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
• Creates reports on up time, bandwidth usage, server utilization, and other key metrics.
• Monitors automated and end user incident and outage reporting, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
• Provide direct customer support when required.
• Strong belief in ownership, from identification, through resolution and validation of Operational issues.
• Follow defined escalation paths to ensure proper resolution.
• Provides tier NOC Tier 1/2 support to investigate and resolve problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues which will require shift work or after hours call- in to meet customer SLAs.
• Associates degree and 3 years experience. A High School diploma and additional years experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree
• 2+years of IT experience, 2+ years networking experience
• Experience with ITIL methodology; specifically
• Event, Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems.
• Collaborating in a team atmosphere; communicating through various technology channels with teams and end customers locally or remote.
• Experience in some of the following: Cisco Nexus, Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Avaya System Management, Cisco Prime.
• Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
• Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN, F5 load balancers, acceleration, servers/storage, file, print, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, VTC, video streaming, power management, Cisco Prime/CiscoWorks, HP NNMi/OpenView, SolarWinds Orion, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Avaya System Management, back-office applications, scripting
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a valid US “Public Trust” clearance
• Must be open to working in a 24/7/365 environment (11pm-8am shift)
• ITIL® Foundation Level Certification Previous experience supporting and troubleshooting IOS, network and appliance issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals.
• Cisco CCENT or Network +, CCNA, Security+ Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures)
• Experience with Cisco/Tandberg VTC, Cisco ISE, Juniper L2 switches Experience and certifications on Microsoft or Linux server, data center storage
• Experience with implementation of IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
• Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
• Experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of network and systems