Job Description: Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles and troubleshoots and test space optic and fiber optic developmental hardware for electro-optical mechanical systems, subsystems, units, control devices and associated test equipment where complete specifications and design details are frequently lacking and comprehensive knowledge of opto-electronic principles is required.
Primary duties include:
- Works from preliminary design drawings, sketches, and schematics, oral and written instructions. Requires the interpretation and application of experience and judgment to determine the most appropriate method to correlate design and development requirements
- Determines methods and sequence of complex operations to fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot and test electronic optical-mechanical development systems, sub-systems, units, control devices and associated test equipment as specified by engineers and Research and Development (R&D) Assistants.
- Assists engineers and R&D Assistants in the design of chassis and optical test equipment exercising technical judgment in establishing details, selecting components and making substitutions. Provides rough non-Computer Aided Design (CAD) layout of circuitry and location of control devices and assemblies for testing hardware on developmental projects.
- Fabricates, assembles, calibrates, troubleshoots, and tests standard, special or improvised instruments and test equipment requiring electro-optical-mechanical experience and skill to obtain desired results in addition to measure of original thinking and initiative. Performs fiber splicing and connector attachment for all types of optical fiber using both hand and automated tooling. Works with a minimum of formal implementation or technical aids
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of standard and specialized opto-electronic, test equipment in conducting elaborate tests to determine the quality of electro-optical-mechanical equipment or multiple banks of inter-related electro-optical-mechanical equipment Diagnoses the cause of any malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments
- Records and reduces tests data as required and prepares reports, charts and graphs for presentations to cognizant engineers and R&D Assistants. May use hand and power tools and equipment as necessary to perform above duties. May provide assistance to personnel in lower related job classifications. Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate should have experience working from preliminary design drawings, sketches, and schematics, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to fabricate, assemble, calibrate, troubleshoot and test standard, special or improvised instruments and test equipment
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Active Secret or SSBI clearance
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in a related field
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.