Location: The worksite for this job will be located in Tucson, AZ or Louisville, KY
Naval and Area Mission Defense (NAMD) product line is seeking a Quality & Mission Assurance Manager responsible for driving Q&MA discipline throughout the program lifecycle with an emphasis on depot (i.e., business pursuit & capture, program planning & execution, production, depot, contract closeout, & design agent contracts). Additionally, the Q&MA manager is responsible for the planned and systematic set of activities for performing independent reviews and assessments of program performance, including, quality assurance measurements/metrics, lessons learned, technology, production, warranty and program management practices (e.g., cost, schedule, quality and risks). The selected individual will be the voice of the customer to independently assure mission success.
The Q&MA Manager is responsible for leading quality engineers and will focus on employee engagement, behaviors, performance and career development. The Q&MA Manager must ensure that technical and contractual requirements are flowed via approved development processes and procedures. The Q&MA Manager must be able to effectively work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Contracts, Finance, & Strategic Make Centers and others.
The selected individual will perform the following with minimal supervision:
• Verify product and process compliance with respect to contractual, technical, and industry requirements
• Champion implementation of the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) requirements and internal policies
• Facilitate root cause and corrective action, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability.
• Support Production, Depot and Design Agent activities including coordination and collaboration with the Factory
• Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values.
• Participate in and provide input to Program Reviews, Supplier Reviews, Design Reviews, and Gate Reviews.
• Ensure programmatic and technical risks are identified, contained, and managed throughout each phase of a program
• Ensure Quality & Mission Assurance engagement in engineering development, design and test requirements verification, including the transition of design to production
• Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools
• Manage business and program performance utilizing predictive and proactive measures and metrics to eliminate quality escapes (to include Program Corrective Action Board)
• Maintain positive relationships with program management, cross-functional program & factory leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives such as the Defense Contractors Management Agency (DCMA) and Navy Technical Representative
• Manage the interface and sell-off of products to downstream operations or end-item customer quality representatives
• 8 years leadership in Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing, with an in depth understanding of Quality Management Systems IS0 9001 or AS9100
• Must Have Expert Proficiency In Two or All of the Following: Direct experience working in a depot environment, Direct experience managing EACs or a strong project management background managing financials, Managing Teams Remotely
• Working knowledge of industry and government quality & mission assurance requirements and standards
• The ability to lead, coach and mentor others in routine settings and difficult situations
• Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems
• Experience in risk & opportunity management, assessment, mitigation and capture
• Practical knowledge of systems engineering, reliability and system safety requirements
• Strong written/verbal presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with predictive and proactive measures and metrics assessments
• Working knowledge of a proven close-loop corrective action system
• Ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs
• Ability to understand drawings, work instructions, and Bill of Materials
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
• Six Sigma and ASQ Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or similar technical degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128116
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.