Secure Sensor Solutions (S³) - a mission area within Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) - is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for the F/A-18 M&L Product Line. The successful candidate will help lead/support F/A-18 sustainment programs for finance. The selected individual will work closely with the area program manager, scheduling, and Control Account Managers (CAMs) at all stages of the programs. This includes helping with development of proposals, negotiations, baselines, Estimate At Complete (EACs), Integrated Program Management Reports (IPMRs) including Formats 1 – 7, Contract Funds Status Report (CFSRs), Cost and Schedule Data Report (CSDRs), etc. The principal analyst will also help the team adhere to internal and external policies. The role will be responsible for ensuring on time deliverables to internal and external customers. The individual will also assist with attending various leadership meetings and make recommendations to the Program Managers during discussions such as Gates [4, 5 & 11, EACs, Earned Value (EV)], Program Management Reviews (PMRs), etc. In addition, the candidate will assist with Short Range Outlook (SRO), forecasts within Raytheon systems, but more importantly will provide analysis of forecast – including changes to headcount or other elements of cost.
The selected candidate will need to prioritize all customer requirements for quality and on-time analysis and reporting. Ability to analyze and effectively communicate Earned value financial data to internal and external customers, as well as partner and be flexible with other functions to meet business expectations is needed to create a successful business partnership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and help provide analysis for F/A-18 development and production programs
- Working with another analysts to prepare internal and external earned value reporting, completing analysis, coordinating internal reviews, and supporting direct customer interfaces.
- Supporting multiple levels of reviews, both internally and externally, including monthly program status reviews, EACs, contractual IBRs, Internal Surveillance Reviews (ISR), and Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSA) as needed.
- Prepare charts and present financial data to management on a minimum of a monthly basis
- Customer interface, including negotiation support
- Monitoring program expenditures, work performance, BCRs, SWAs, and ensuring overall program compliance.
- Support the AOP and Five Year Plan processes, ensuring adherence to S3 and SAS timelines and coordinating with the program teams for inputs and agreement
- Support risk and opportunities management for financial impact
- Minimum 4 years of related finance experience;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Earned value analysis (SPI/CPI/TCPI/IEAC/VAR)
- Strong analytical abilities
- Understanding and application of finance principles, concepts, practices, and standard knowledge of industry practices
- Experience in interfacing and conducting business with various functional disciplines (Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, etc.) in program development and execution
- Experience in communicating financial concepts, trends and variances to management
- Proactive, creative and innovative in solving problems and issues
- Ability to plan and manage daily tasks, meet deadlines, analyze, provide results and recommend solutions to various levels of management
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent personal computer skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with modeling, creating formulas, and complex data mining using MS Office Excel
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with externally reported EVM programs (IPMR, DFARS clauses, DID formats, etc).
- Experience with SAP APEX, BW and BPS
- Experience interfacing with customers external to Raytheon
- Shows initiative by seeking ways to improve processes and data analysis
- Ability to Work under minimal supervision. Participates in determining objectives of assignment plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives after training period
- Ability to quickly master Business Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.