General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- 15-20 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Experience with Oracle software development including but not limited to triggers, functions, procedures, and packages utilizing PL/SQL.- Excellent customer service, communication, and collaboration skills.
1. Provides expert-level design and development of relational databases.
2. Identifies and directs information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Leads new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Leads continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
15-20 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Master's Degree preferred.