What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
AEGIS Operations Lean Raytheon Six Sigma Leader
Assist the AEGIS Program Management Office and IDS Operations in meeting strategic goals through continuous improvement activities. Efforts will include:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the AEGIS Program Office, SCS Operations Program Operations Managers (POMs) and Factory Operations Managers (FOMs)
- Leading diagnostics, blitzes and workshops
- Leading and supporting lean R6? and capital improvement projects
- Being a participative contributor and enabler for IDS manufacturing Continuous Improvement teams
- Reporting/Presenting AEGIS EAC reduction and Profit impacts resulting from Continuous Improvements
- Representing Raytheon Six Sigma to AEGIS Customers
- Sharing learning and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives across organizational boundaries
- Strategic Execution – Execute strategic initiatives, develop Lean R6? plans and drive operational excellence for cost reduction and plant efficiency improvements in support of IDS and Enterprise strategies
- Technical Expertise – Collaborate with Program Offices, Engineering, Operations, and Global Supply Chain (GSC) on efforts related to produceability, manufacturing process standardization strategies and technology insertion
Measurable, Sustained Results – Develop and maintain optimal, standard processes related to the AEGIS product line to drive capability maturity and growth. Lead blitzes and diagnostics and resulting projects to reduce program costs and/or improve factory throughput and unit hour reductions
Operational Excellence – Work with program cross-functional partners and operations team leaders to optimize program performance and share learning within AEGIS and across IDS Programs and CBTs. Enable and participate in Operations Scrums
- Minimum 8 years directly related experience in continuous improvement
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Proven track record of Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement processes.
Required Education (including Major):
- Certified R6? Expert or Expert-in-Training
- Experience engaging with Programs and presenting to all levels of the organization
- Experience implementing and leading Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement projects
- Experience with Change Management, Value Stream Mapping, WIP Management Modeling, Cycle Time Reduction, Waste Elimination Techniques and Statistical Analysis
- Basic knowledge, classroom and/or project experience in electronics, hydraulics, welding, robotics and automation
- Proficient user of AutoCAD, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Experience and knowledge of Process Simulator or Simul8, Product Data Management (PDM), Visiprise Management (VM), Process Re-Invention and Systems for Manufacturing (PRISM) and Virtual Business Systems (VBS)
- Experience with Raytheon financial processes
- Raytheon Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certification
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS in Industrial, Systems or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.