Check us out on YouTube:
The Data Management, Engineering Intelligence and EXecution (DEX) department is looking for individuals to contribute to a fast paced Engineering Team and work closely with the Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Functional Management to develop and implement strategic goals and influence Engineering and Whole Lifecycle Engineering requirements with Program and Sr. Leadership as a DEX Section Head.
The ideal candidate will have strong influential communication and leadership skills, with the ability to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
The WLSE mission is to provide superior mission support and data integrity through innovation, collaboration, accountability, and flawless execution throughout the product life cycle, resulting in best value solutions. Our responsibilities include minimizing the total cost of ownership through engineering upfront planning and decision analysis related to product reliability, maintainability, supportability, safety and environmental impacts to our customers. It also includes the operational aspects of mission support such as field and technical support, repairs and spares management and program management support. WLSE also is responsible for configuration management, including software configuration management, as well as data management. Our vision is to be the provider of innovative affordable engineering solutions for product life cycle assurance and support to ensure customer satisfaction.
We have an immediate need for a Program Affordability Manager supporting the Standard Missile 3 program. Responsible for managing Affordability projects across the IIA program including:
Responsible for managing Affordability projects across IIA got program including:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Skills:
- Review proposed Affordability projects for feasibility and work with owners and PMs/CAMs to identify funding and/or personnel resources to execute projects. Coach owners on quad chart and business case development in preparation for presenting to Opportunity Board for determinations
- Leading IB Opportunity Board where proposed projects are reviewed for authorization to proceed, costs/schedule are confirmed, and execution strategy is approved by the board quorum
- Monitoring project maturation and finance/schedule execution. Ensure project owners are trained and submitting monthly status into Opportunity register. Ensure suppliers are updating their Enterprise Supplier tracking data for company metrics
- Drive program staff towards achieving cost targets by ensuring Supplier Program Managers maintain and align to contract plans and Unit Cost reduction roadmaps
- Collaborate with the SM-3 Blk IIA Affordability Lead to standardize affordability practices across the program
- Collaborate with AMDS product line staff to identify potential Affordability projects that will benefit more than one program. Lead Supplier workshops to identify potential Cost Reduction Opportunities (CROs)
- Coordinate with Affordability Office to identify and submit projects and processes that can be leveraged across WLSE and the RMS Enterprise
- Drive a culture of Affordability thru training/coaching concepts and processes to program staff. Create data packages to convey Affordability processes, progress, and help needed to senior management. Attend/participate in Weekly/Monthly program level meetings to champion Affordability activities
- Collaborate with Risk & Opportunity managers across SM-3 program to identify tool enhancements that can allow for improved financial reporting and generation of predictive metrics
- A minimum of six (6) years of related professional experience
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, fast paced, deadline driven organization with constantly changing priorities
- Knowledge of affordability terminology and process and a basic understanding of risk and opportunity management best practices
- Working knowledge of cost and schedule management using Earned Value techniques
- Advanced skills using MS Office; Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Existing DoD Secret security clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education:This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
- Four or more years of Raytheon Experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated success multi-tasking
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities
- PMX Level 6 certified, or qualified to become certified in a short period of time
- Earned Value Certified
- Self-Starter with experience taking initiative as necessary
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.