This position will fall under the Engineering Product Integrity (EPI) Department within the Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED). MED provides engineering design, integration and production to a wide range of hardware in Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). EPI defines, establishes and leads our hardware engineering environment within MED. Configuration and Data Management are disciplines within EPI responsible for product configuration and analysis and are actively engaged in all phases of program execution from start-up through contract closeout.
Individual will examine engineering drawings, associated computer aided design (CAD) database files, and related documents for completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy. This includes checking for correctness of materials and processes, conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and identifications of potential issues in preparation for manufacturing production
Uses computer assisted design (CAD) systems to check design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, electrical schematics and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications.
May assist with preparation a and review of related engineering change notices.
Operates CAD equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRTs, and associated peripheral equipment and software
Checks work correctness
May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks
Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replicability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specifications, requirements and cost.
Utilizes computer-aided design equipment to review 3D models and execute global interference checks.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 15 years of related experience checking completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning
- Experience ensuring drawings are accurate, complete and dimensioned in support of checking hardware stack-ups, mating interfaces, installation requirements, etc.
- Experience using standard features, creating stack-ups and performing tolerance analyses to ensure hardware integrity
- Experience creating radial/axial stack-ups to ensure hardware integrity
- Experience identifying design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommending revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible team leads, engineers or designers
Required Education (including Major):
- Excellent Technical Writing Skills
- Ability to conceptualize document check principles into written format
- Proficient user of PDM
- Proficient user of Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience using documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-961 and Corporate Drafting Room Manuals
- Knowledge of Raytheon Drafting Standard, Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation checking
- Knowledge of existing manufacturing processes and capabilities that support manufacture of IDS hardware designs
- Knowledge of proactive risk mitigation tools (i.e. DFMA, FMEA, Monte Carlo analysis)
- Motivated, efficient and productive team member
- Creative thinker, mind for continuous improvement and elimination of waste
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- high school diploma is minimum requirement but prefer associates or college degree
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.