The selected candidates will be the lead contract managers within the Air Warfare Systems (AWS) Product Line. The selected candidates will be responsible for the management and administration of a diverse portfolio of contracts. The primary customers are the US Navy (NAVAIR), US Air Force, and some foreign countries. The successful candidates will participate in and/or conduct front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications relating to U. S. Government and direct commercial sale (DCS) international customers. Responsibilities include working closely with Program Managers, Business/Estimating, Supply Chain, and Corporate Treasury functions to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals; providing support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues; ensuring that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies; and advising management of contractual rights and obligations and possible mitigation of contractual/program risks. Examines and understands cost structure estimates of labor, material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information. Periodic domestic travel will be required; international travel may be required.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of one (1) or more other junior contract professional, providing direction, training, and development to meet current program needs
- Providing strategic leadership to develop innovative contracting solutions to meet program and business area objectives
- Shaping business transactions and negotiating skillfully to create the best outcome possible
- 10 or more years of related contract administration experience with the US Department of Defense (DoD) including proposal preparation and contract negotiations, or a combination of five years of contracts management experience and five years of other functional experience related to business management
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 yrs of experience)
- The ability to effectively prioritize actions and direct and mentor a team
- The ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience with US Government and US Prime Contractor customers in the acquisition and user and communities
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers based on understanding and trust
- Experience with negotiation and administration of large domestic contracts and subcontracts
- Contractual acumen with proficiency in contracts fundamentals
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and several assignments
- Focus on responsiveness with strong time management and organization skills
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Juris Doctor or MBA
- Computer proficiency, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power PoInt, and shared data bases
- Experience in a team leadership role
- Experience managing and negotiating international contracts and working with international customers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.